Skip to main content

Celestial Marriage

You guys... sometimes it takes a little reminder to show us how blessed we truly are... doesn't it? I am often reminded at how blessed I am for my life, my daughter, my amazing husband, our home, the Temple and the blessings that reside inside, our families, friends, the fun things in life, and for our Father in Heaven.

As I have previously stated, I have always attended church and have tried my best to follow the commandments. When I have strayed I did my best to repent with a sincere heart. Growing up I always thought I knew how important an eternal marriage was. But I didn't really KNOW until I got sealed to my amazing husband for time and all eternity. I had never attended a sealing before so I was never aware what words were said, what happened when husband and wife got married in the temple. The things that are said within the walls of the temple are so sacred. I remember the day like it was yesterday. THAT was the day I realized how important Celestial Marriages were.

The happiness that an eternal marriage can bring to a relationship is indescribable. I cannot put into words how happy the temple makes me. There is such a peace inside and it can be brought into our homes. IT SHOULD be in our homes daily. The difficult part is "are we doing what we should to keep our temple covenants, our promises to the Lord, our promises to our spouse or to ourselves?" We need to always be in tune to know if we are doing good or if we need to make some changes to become better. I am not perfect by any means but I try my best to be the best that I know how to be. 



**December 19, 2014. Our wedding day. The day our eternal companionship started. The best day. See the happiness on our faces? We made promises to each other and to the Lord and I strive to keep those promises daily. 💗


**The temples are all so beautiful and all unite families for eternity. 


On the flip side... I quickly found out how hard, we as families need to hold strong to our values within the gospel teachings. Satan tries every single way he can think of to tear families apart. I have seen it in my own family and my friends lives. It is heartbreaking. We need to do the small things that bring us closer to our Father in Heaven but we also need to do the big things too. In the grand scheme of things, we are only on this earth for a short amount of time - compared to our lives in the eternities.

FAST FORWARD to August 20, 2015. (I know my timeline is all over the place!) We found out we were expecting our first child. We were so happy. That is what we are on this earth to do: Multiply and Replenish the Earth! Some people bear children, some people adopt, some people never have their own but care for others' children. Each is unique and God knows our personal circumstances.


*Our little baby 💕💕



**My maternity pictures taken by my sister. 

Anyways, FAST FORWARD again to March 29, 2016. The day that really changed my life forever. I became a mom to Kadence Howard. She was the sweetest little human on the entire planet. I did not realize my heart was big enough to love someone so much. She was absolutely perfect. She completed our family (for now, we plan to have more children in the future) and I am not sure how I lived life without her for so long.



**She still does that same cute pouty lip! HAHA



**March 29, 2016. Our first family picture.



**Kadence and I on my birthday. She is doing "cheeeeeeese". HAHA

To wrap up, the phrase, "become as little children" has completely struck me the past few months as Kadence is getting older, wiser, more funny, and more.... into things! HAHA "Become as little children" means a lot of things, but to me the biggest trait is FORGIVENESS. Children are the most forgiving of all the people on the planet. There are times that I will get a bit frustrated and I'll get grumpy with Kadence, but she will hug me, kiss me, and act like nothing happened. She will FORGIVE me. And that is what we are taught to do on this earth. We make mistakes and ask for forgiveness, but we too need to forgive ourselves and others. There was a talk from the October 2017 General Conference Saturday PM session given by Stephen W. Owen, that really stood out to me. It is about forgiveness. You can read it here. This I feel especially pertains to marriages. We all make mistakes and sometimes in relationships there will be arguments but forgiveness is key. Do as the Savior did and does. Forgive. 💗

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Work It Out, Or.....

There is no "OR"! You signed up for eternity, you make it work! Getting sealed in the temple for time and all eternity has been one of the greatest blessings of my entire life. Has marriage been hard at times, yes! Life happens, we are human, and we are not perfect. But our temple marriage should be as close as we can get to it being perfect.  Obviously if something absolutely crazy happens, then other things might need to happen. But there is always hope. You should always try to make things work. Everyone goes through difficult times in their marriage. If they do not, then that is impressive! Without going into personal details... when we were living with people, my husband and I were really stressed and not the happiest we have ever been. We never talked about the "d" word which does not deserve to be written here, but we were really just both going through the motions. We made changes, prayed a lot, and things began to change. Things began to get better and w

Parenting with Love

Wow. I have kind of been struggling with this one lately. Not the love part, just not getting grumpy over small things. I know I can pray for help with this because I have been doing so and it works so well! I am so grateful that we can ask our Father in Heaven for help with things that we are struggling with because I KNOW He will help us! 💗💙💚💛💜   Here  is the link for my new video (above)! Let me know if you have any questions or comments! Thanks for watching! Here  is a link for an amazing talk given by James E. Faust. I love this talk because he quoted, " Being a father or a mother is not only a great challenge, it is a divine calling." I feel so much power and love hearing this. We did not just get a child in the mail from a stranger... we have been given a divine calling from a loving Heavenly Father to grow close to each other as a couple, and to bear children. It most definitely is a challenge being a parent sometimes but I am grateful it is one of my gre

Repentance and Forgiveness

Something that has stood out to me for a while is that we need to become as little children. My daughter is the most forgiving person I have ever met. She is the greatest example and blessing to me and my husband and she teaches us simple lessons that mean the world. I made a video sharing my number one reason I feel we should "become as little children." Let me know what you think of this post! Leave a comment below!