Skip to main content

Marital Intimacy & Fertility

 Here is the the video I posted on YouTube regarding my thoughts of Martial Intimacy & Fertility. There is this amazing book that I feel everyone should read because it has so many helpful hints and just great information about marriage and families. I have mentioned it before but it is called, Successful Marriages and Families: Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives Edited by Alan J. Hawkins, David C. Dollahite, and Thomas W. Draper. When I read chapter 5 I had to make a post about my feelings. It was just too good! One thing that stuck out to me was on page 52 - it gives a list of "attitudes that promote positive marital sexuality..." the ones that stuck out to me the most were, "1. Sexual interaction is a healthy component of marriage that need not be a source of negative feelings or guilt." And "5. Couples should strive to create a "we" relationship , where both partners' sharing and pleasure is important as opposed to one person individually focused on what she or he will get out of the experience." McCarthy and McCarthy (2003). Both partners are equally important, and both partners deserve to feel pleasure all while growing closer to our spouse.

For those who are not married and want to be, your time will come, I will pray for you. For those who are struggling to get pregnant, I will pray for you. I cannot imagine the things you are experiencing... but our Father in Heaven loves you and is AWARE of you.

Please visit LDS.org if you have questions or want to learn more!

Thank you for watching! I hope it made sense. I will try to do more videos soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Work It Out, Or.....

There is no "OR"! You signed up for eternity, you make it work! Getting sealed in the temple for time and all eternity has been one of the greatest blessings of my entire life. Has marriage been hard at times, yes! Life happens, we are human, and we are not perfect. But our temple marriage should be as close as we can get to it being perfect.  Obviously if something absolutely crazy happens, then other things might need to happen. But there is always hope. You should always try to make things work. Everyone goes through difficult times in their marriage. If they do not, then that is impressive! Without going into personal details... when we were living with people, my husband and I were really stressed and not the happiest we have ever been. We never talked about the "d" word which does not deserve to be written here, but we were really just both going through the motions. We made changes, prayed a lot, and things began to change. Things began to get better and w

Parenting with Love

Wow. I have kind of been struggling with this one lately. Not the love part, just not getting grumpy over small things. I know I can pray for help with this because I have been doing so and it works so well! I am so grateful that we can ask our Father in Heaven for help with things that we are struggling with because I KNOW He will help us! 💗💙💚💛💜   Here  is the link for my new video (above)! Let me know if you have any questions or comments! Thanks for watching! Here  is a link for an amazing talk given by James E. Faust. I love this talk because he quoted, " Being a father or a mother is not only a great challenge, it is a divine calling." I feel so much power and love hearing this. We did not just get a child in the mail from a stranger... we have been given a divine calling from a loving Heavenly Father to grow close to each other as a couple, and to bear children. It most definitely is a challenge being a parent sometimes but I am grateful it is one of my gre

Repentance and Forgiveness

Something that has stood out to me for a while is that we need to become as little children. My daughter is the most forgiving person I have ever met. She is the greatest example and blessing to me and my husband and she teaches us simple lessons that mean the world. I made a video sharing my number one reason I feel we should "become as little children." Let me know what you think of this post! Leave a comment below!