Skip to main content

Our Story

Wow. Where do I begin? As a teen and young adult I dated some jerks, nice guys, a divorced guy with a 12 year old child, a gay guy, 😂 (ok... I only went on one date with him... I felt super weird around him hence it was only ONCE HAHAHA) very spiritual guys, some guys who I helped influence to build their testimony, and one perfect man.

**I still laugh about the dumb choices in guys that I made, but I learned from them. 


In Spring of 2014 I was set up on a blind date by my friend. We went on a triple date and it was super fun! The problem was that I was "trying" to get the guy to like me. I asked my friend how I should act around him and things I could do to become his girlfriend.... OK THAT WAS DUMB 😂! Who does that? HAHA But long story short, he would never commit to anything... We went on a few more dates but never would hold my hand or progress in wanting to become bf/gf. Then he kissed me one week before I was supposed to move to CHICAGO with him, his sisters and brother to sell pest control for the summer. What the crap?! I was so confused and I told him that I was not a "friends with benefits girl" and that if he wanted to kiss me again we had to create a real relationship. I was not in this for a fun make out session! I wanted an eternal companion that I could have children with, learn with, and live for eternity with. This was NOT it.



**Here is a picture from the triple date. The "dates" clearly did not make the cut! HAHA

Fast forward one week... you know, after he kissed me. Ya, I moved to Chicago, now one of my favorite cities in the world. 😍 About 2 weeks into the summer gig, I was asked to speak in church at the Schaumburg YSA ward. I gladly accepted in hopes that the attractive men in the audience would see me. 😏


At this point, my roommates and I were not speaking to each other. They ended up being a little bit CRAY and we basically just lived together. It was a rough summer.


May 25, 2014. The day that will forever change my life. (I am crying as I am typing this)... 

May 25th arrived and I drove to church by myself, did not personally know anyone in the audience, and I gave my talk in sacrament meeting. Afterwards, I went on my way to Sunday school... keeping and eye on some of the cute guys I had seen the 2 weeks prior.

I was stopped by a guy who said "Hey, you're from AZ, right?" and I replied, "ya." while concentrating on other things.... the "guy" proceeded to let me know he was also from AZ. I was instantly hooked on him. Not him HIM, like I did not want to DATE him, but he was comfort for me. He knew what HOME meant for me. We continued talking for the entire hour of Sunday School. (Sorry to the teacher but I found my eternal companion). We have not missed a day of speaking to each other since that day. We talked about future children, homes, cars, the temple, our lives and families and any other random things you can add between!


**This was a week or two after meeting :) I thought he was hot then, and he is even hotter now! 😍

Chance, my husband said that the second he saw me give my talk in sacrament meeting and when I stated where I was from that he KNEW I was going to become his wife. He had a very strong feeling and did not give up trying to get me on the same page.

On my end, I had an instant crush on Chance but tried blocking it out. I liked the idea of the crush and potential boyfriend but I just kept pushing the idea aside. Sunday was literally my favorite day of the week in Chicago. That meant that I got to see Chance at church and hang out with him and his roommates afterwards. We made lunch for the missionaries a few times and just had the best time being together, as friends. He asked me on a date for when we were to be back home in AZ and I was so excited. I could not wait for July 12, 2014 to come!



*Chance and I at the "Bean" and one of the Sunday's at Chance's apartment for Sunday lunch!

Rewind to two months later.... the summer sales were not working out for me and I decided to go home early. Instead of my dad flying to Chicago to help me drive my car home, Chance offered to drive home with me since he was going home that week for a family vacation anyways. We had a TON of good conversations on the 36 hour drive home. We stopped at the Nauvoo Temple and Carthage Jail and that was when my testimony of Joseph Smith really came to life.




**July 6, 2014 - The lady that took the bottom picture asked us when we were getting married and I hastily replied "Um, we are not dating!" -- She laughed and said "Ya, that is exactly what I told a lady who asked us the same question 20 years ago!" HAHAHA Yes, same here lady! 😉

We made it home, and we both went on our family vacations.... July 12th finally arrived. He took me on a date in his dads Ford Raptor (rawr, it's sexy). That was the best date I had ever been on. At the close of the date he asked me what I thought about becoming his girlfriend when he returned from finishing the summer sales gig (which was like a month away)... and I replied "Why do I have to wait?" We ended the night by sharing our first kiss and telling each other we loved them. And I now had a boyfriend which I was positive would soon become my eternal companion.There were so many things that had to have happened for Chance and I to end up in Chicago. Not just on my end. There were things that happened on Chance's mission that - had they not happened, he probably would not have gone to Chicago. I am grateful that we each followed the extremely strong promptings that we both had to go to Chicago. We did not know why, but we followed the promptings and we are both glad that we did.

We got engaged on September 26, 2014 and Chance made the night PERFECTION. He remade our first date. A week before getting married I went for my own personal endowment session. I made covenants with our Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for them and the promises that are tied to them if we do our part. I realized then that the reason we are taught to dress modestly, keep the commandments, date men worthy of a temple marriage, making covenants (the first one being when we get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost), and just the simple things like read our scriptures and pray daily, leads up to when we go through the temple, and just life in general.


**The night we got engaged! 

We were married on December 19, 2014. That was the best day of my entire life. He is my best friend and I am so grateful for everything he does for me. One of the most attractive things about Chance is that he has such a strong testimony. He has since the day I met him. He honors his priesthood and is a great example to me. I love you Chance. 💋💕









December 19, 2014 The happiest day of my life. Not only because I married my best friend but because we were sealed for time and all eternity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Work It Out, Or.....

There is no "OR"! You signed up for eternity, you make it work! Getting sealed in the temple for time and all eternity has been one of the greatest blessings of my entire life. Has marriage been hard at times, yes! Life happens, we are human, and we are not perfect. But our temple marriage should be as close as we can get to it being perfect.  Obviously if something absolutely crazy happens, then other things might need to happen. But there is always hope. You should always try to make things work. Everyone goes through difficult times in their marriage. If they do not, then that is impressive! Without going into personal details... when we were living with people, my husband and I were really stressed and not the happiest we have ever been. We never talked about the "d" word which does not deserve to be written here, but we were really just both going through the motions. We made changes, prayed a lot, and things began to change. Things began to get better and w

Parenting with Love

Wow. I have kind of been struggling with this one lately. Not the love part, just not getting grumpy over small things. I know I can pray for help with this because I have been doing so and it works so well! I am so grateful that we can ask our Father in Heaven for help with things that we are struggling with because I KNOW He will help us! 💗💙💚💛💜   Here  is the link for my new video (above)! Let me know if you have any questions or comments! Thanks for watching! Here  is a link for an amazing talk given by James E. Faust. I love this talk because he quoted, " Being a father or a mother is not only a great challenge, it is a divine calling." I feel so much power and love hearing this. We did not just get a child in the mail from a stranger... we have been given a divine calling from a loving Heavenly Father to grow close to each other as a couple, and to bear children. It most definitely is a challenge being a parent sometimes but I am grateful it is one of my gre

Repentance and Forgiveness

Something that has stood out to me for a while is that we need to become as little children. My daughter is the most forgiving person I have ever met. She is the greatest example and blessing to me and my husband and she teaches us simple lessons that mean the world. I made a video sharing my number one reason I feel we should "become as little children." Let me know what you think of this post! Leave a comment below!