Skip to main content

My Eternal Family

I grew up a member of the LDS Church and have always been taught that "families can be eternal". However, I never really knew the impact that would have on my life until I went through the temple for the first time. There are words that are promised to us if we obey the commandments that we are taught in the temple, as well as the things we are taught in church weekly. We need to pay attention to those things and make positive changes in our lives that will get us closer to eternal life. 



Life is hard and trials come upon us that can make things difficult within families. I know it has happened to us multiple times, and I feel we came out stronger because of those things. If we can always keep our eyes on "eternal life" and do the right things, always asking for repentance along the way, we will be greatly blessed. More importantly we will hopefully be able to live with our families in the Celestial Kingdom for eternity. 

In the book, Successful Marriages and Families, on page 337 the beginning paragraph starts with "From the beginning, God organized the human family and revealed that marriage and family relationships are intended to be eternal." (Daniel K. Judd). That is a very strong message and it means so much to me to know that God did not tell us 10 years ago that eternal families are to be eternal. He proposed the commandment to us from the very beginning. Nothing has changed and nothing will ever change that concept. On page 344 it states in the Conclusion section, "God and His plan are eternal." I trust that statement with all of my being because God has never once led me astray. I am so grateful for the Gospel and for the things it teaches us and our families. 




I am not perfect by any means, but i definitely cannot imagine life without my eternal companion, Chance. I am so grateful for him and the things he does for our family. We are trying harder to read scriptures and pray every day. I am not going to lie, it can be difficult... but no excuse is acceptable when it comes to our salvation or dealing with the Lord. I am also grateful for the Atonement so when I do make mistakes I can repent of them and be forgiven. God doesn't ask us to be perfect, He asks us to do our best and repent when we don't. 💙

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parenting with Love

Wow. I have kind of been struggling with this one lately. Not the love part, just not getting grumpy over small things. I know I can pray for help with this because I have been doing so and it works so well! I am so grateful that we can ask our Father in Heaven for help with things that we are struggling with because I KNOW He will help us! 💗💙💚💛💜   Here  is the link for my new video (above)! Let me know if you have any questions or comments! Thanks for watching! Here  is a link for an amazing talk given by James E. Faust. I love this talk because he quoted, " Being a father or a mother is not only a great challenge, it is a divine calling." I feel so much power and love hearing this. We did not just get a child in the mail from a stranger... we have been given a divine calling from a loving Heavenly Father to grow close to each other as a couple, and to bear children. It most definitely is a challenge being a parent sometimes but I am grateful it is one of my gre

Being Equal Partners

Yes, the man is to work and provide for their families. Yes the wife is to be at home with the children to teach, guide, nurture, and love their children. (That is what we are commanded to do. If different circumstances require, roles can be switched) HOWEVER my firm belief is that husband and wife are to equally discipline, equally cook, equally clean, equally teach their children in love and righteousness, and equally be there for one another and the children. This might not happen all of the time, because my husband works and is in school so he is gone a majority of the time. But when he is home he does the same things I would do from the list above.  Obviously, if my husband is at work all day he is not able to cook for us. Duh. But on the weekends he tries his best to help out however he can. Both jobs are equally hard and draining. Yes, I stay home and babysit some children from our ward but by the end of the day I am so flipping tired I can barely do anything. That is life, I

Faith in Our Family Life

Hi there! I am so excited to share with you about this topic: Having Faith in our Family Life. Life is not always peachy and does not always go as planned. We are thrown curve balls and we must take our best swing at them. I want to share a story that really hit home to me. We moved into our home at the end of April 2017. Owning a home can be expensive but it is an investment that we feel is worth it. Anyways, in June we had a nail in our tire that was unable to be repaired and so we had to get a new tire. There goes $250. A few weeks later a huge, horrible, scary storm swept through our neighborhood damaging our roof tiles.... there went another $250. July comes, just 31 days after our first tire incident. We were headed to our family campout and were driving on the freeway. We heard a loud pop and thought that a rock had hit the tire well. Then a few seconds later our tire pressure gauge came on and within one minute our tire was completely flat. We had to wait for a tow truck, g