Skip to main content

Early Life

I grew up in Arizona 🌵 with one sister, and lots of cousins! I honestly do not remember much as a child (I literally have the worst memory) but I know childhood was great. My nickname was "Taz" growing up because I was a very active child. My mom found me on top of the refrigerator one time! HAHA Oops, sorry mom! 😜 I am noticing my daughter is the same way (From what my family has told me)! She is very active and loves to climb on furniture, jump off the couch and have a good ole' time! 

 My parents raised me and my sister in the LDS church and I will be forever grateful for that. I loved primary and Young Women's and always had the best leaders that led by example. Since I was a young child, all I wanted was to get MARRIED in the temple and have babies! I planned to be married right out of high school... I would have children right away, and life would be peachy! 

These days it seems as though people take the term marriage very lightly. There are so many people getting divorced these days and it makes me so sad. That is one thing I told myself I would never let happen. I wanted to prepare myself to be the best wife there is. 

Some steps I took to prepare for marriage and becoming an adult in general!
  • I was baptized when I was 8 years old and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

  • I tried to always read my scriptures and pray daily (especially in the most recent general conference we were told we need to be doing these things daily)

  • I attended church weekly and partook of the sacrament to cleanse myself of any sins I had committed

  • I did my best to be a good person in general and when I messed up, I repented of the things I had done wrong

  • I always held a job, I paid most of my own bills since I was 16 (not because my parents made me, but I am just an independent person like that. My mom provided the essentials i.e. shampoo, toothbrush, toiletries... but if I wanted a specific brand then I had to buy it)

  • One of the biggest things I try to stress to my friends who are younger and they ask for advice is to have a SAVINGS account. Whenever I would get my paycheck I would first pay 10% to tithing, then put 50% in savings and have the remaining 40% for bills and fun

  • I was never a fan of "hanging out" when it came the right time to choose an eternal companion. I wanted to go on dates! So I tried to date only guys/men who shared the same standards as me, and who would be able to take me to the Temple and marry me for eternity

  • Finally, I tried my best not to be too hard on myself. We all make mistakes, we all have insecurities and sometimes we just need to learn from our stupid choices! 😬


**For anyone not familiar with the LDS church, here is the link so you can check it out! https://www.lds.org/?lang=eng 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Work It Out, Or.....

There is no "OR"! You signed up for eternity, you make it work! Getting sealed in the temple for time and all eternity has been one of the greatest blessings of my entire life. Has marriage been hard at times, yes! Life happens, we are human, and we are not perfect. But our temple marriage should be as close as we can get to it being perfect.  Obviously if something absolutely crazy happens, then other things might need to happen. But there is always hope. You should always try to make things work. Everyone goes through difficult times in their marriage. If they do not, then that is impressive! Without going into personal details... when we were living with people, my husband and I were really stressed and not the happiest we have ever been. We never talked about the "d" word which does not deserve to be written here, but we were really just both going through the motions. We made changes, prayed a lot, and things began to change. Things began to get better and w

Parenting with Love

Wow. I have kind of been struggling with this one lately. Not the love part, just not getting grumpy over small things. I know I can pray for help with this because I have been doing so and it works so well! I am so grateful that we can ask our Father in Heaven for help with things that we are struggling with because I KNOW He will help us! 💗💙💚💛💜   Here  is the link for my new video (above)! Let me know if you have any questions or comments! Thanks for watching! Here  is a link for an amazing talk given by James E. Faust. I love this talk because he quoted, " Being a father or a mother is not only a great challenge, it is a divine calling." I feel so much power and love hearing this. We did not just get a child in the mail from a stranger... we have been given a divine calling from a loving Heavenly Father to grow close to each other as a couple, and to bear children. It most definitely is a challenge being a parent sometimes but I am grateful it is one of my gre

Repentance and Forgiveness

Something that has stood out to me for a while is that we need to become as little children. My daughter is the most forgiving person I have ever met. She is the greatest example and blessing to me and my husband and she teaches us simple lessons that mean the world. I made a video sharing my number one reason I feel we should "become as little children." Let me know what you think of this post! Leave a comment below!